15 August 2011

Harbour, island, heath, beach

[NB. Here are a few 'holiday' snaps, I'll add some proper words tomorrow]

One week later,...

All a bit 'lost in the mists of time', but,... a couple of days pottering around Poole Harbour and Purbeck produced the usual bits and bobs. An ill-advised trip to Arne on an August weekend afternoon was pretty pointless (I always end up there but I never know why), although I did locate a sacrificial crop which might be worth a visit later in the autumn, and Whimbrel and Knot were amongst the waders in the harbour. Various stops at Middlebere generated lots of Yellow-legged Gulls, Greenshank, Green Sandpiper, Knot plus Barn Owl, Hobby, Water Rail, Yellow Wagtail and Redstart; no Osprey or Marsh Harrier though. The best on a busy Brownsea was probably Spotted Redshank, Common Sandpiper, more Greenshank and stem ginger ice cream. Studland was inundated with the oily-broiling mass, did have a little paddle though; and an escape to the heath added Dartford Warbler, Tree Pipit, Black Darter and Small Red Damselfly.

They seek her here, they seek her there.

OMG! All that bollocks the farmers spout is true, they are evil,... or is he just hungry?

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.

I'd rather go for a paddle thanks.

1 comment:

Kathryn J. Fogleman said...

Those are beautiful photos! I like the one with the fox!
Keep it up!