11 September 2009

I'll be having lunch out of the office today dear

High tide at Goldcliff, home for a late lunch, then back out for an evening at Farmfield Lane. Wow! What a non-stop, whirly-gig, rollercoaster of a life I live. The high tide at Goldcliff would have been better but, not long after my arrival, a 1st-year female Peregrine decided to scare seven shades of merde out of the waders. This resulted in most of the small stuff doing a bunk before I'd had the pleasure of going through them. My own fault for turning up late and nattering on the first platform. After pottering around for a few hours I did manage to 'recover' 3 Spotted Redshank and 6 Greenshank but the remaining interest had to be provided by non-waders, the best of which were 2 Whinchat, 20 Yellow Wagtails, 4 Wheatear and 2 Rock Pipit. Apart from more of the common migrants, Farmfield was pretty quiet although a couple each of Little and Tawny Owl piped up at dusk.

PS. Too knackered right now but, if I don't remember, please remind me to tell you about the most blatant extra-marital fumblage that occurred at Goldcliff this lunchtime.

[Edit: forgot to mention 4 Avocets and, probably 'bird' of the day, a Clouded Yellow at Goldcliff]

No comments: