22 May 2011

I won't do it,... I won't I tell you

Planned on a couple of hours estuary-watching over high tide, missed the good stuff and had to make do with a few Gannet and Sanderling and a couple of Common Terns. Then a brief stop at the pools, en route to Morrison's and lunch, to check nothing had been blown in. Amazingly nothing hadn't been blown in, a very definite something had been, a Little Tern, which appeared on the breeze and settled in to roost amongst the Dunlin and Ringed Plover. And there, I'd suggest, it would have remained had three generations of some family of f**kwits not appeared out of the pill, walked along the seawall right next to the pools before clambering over the gates and heading off through the car-park. Unsurprisingly, the tern flushed and, as far as I'm aware, hasn't been seen since.

[NB. Currently fighting the urge to entitle this post "One good tern..."]

No comments: