09 October 2010

I decided to quit and get a zero

Another morning at Uskmouth with one eye on the nets and the other on the sky. The easterly trickle of birds overhead included 20 Swallow, 5 House Martin, 6 Redwing, 30 Siskin and 10 Redpoll; in the scrub, semi-interest was maintained by 5 Blackcap, 5 Chiffchaff plus a few Goldcrest and Treecreeper. However, the really-annoying-bastard-bird-of-the-day was the locustella which flushed from under someone else's boot and instantly disapoofed into a bleeding great swathe of inaccessible (and impenetrable) scrub. I'm assuming it was a Gropper, largely due to the infinitesimally tiny chance of it being anything else, well,... that,... and the fact that just considering the alternatives would likely cause me to experience some form of mental trauma after which purple goo would issue from my ears and I'd never be the same again.

No comments: